Many people are needed to keep the parish committees viable and functioning. The committees of the parish assist in the following manners:
- Family Life/Social Justice: Assists the parish pastoral council in fostering pastoral concern and action for justice in the world, including promotion of the respect for all human life, the pastoral care of the afflicted, the needy, the imprisoned, migrants and refugees. The Family Life aspect of the committee assists the parish pastoral council in fostering Christian family life in the parish. Among its concerns are the central place of the family in all parish pastoral activities, parish hospitality, youth ministry, vocations, pre-marriage preparation, natural family planning and pastoral care of single adult, divorced, widows and widowers.
- Education: Assists the parish pastoral council in fostering the educational aspect of the parish, which includes evangelization, adult education, CCD, the Catholic school, and missionary activity.
- Sacred Worship: Assists the parish pastoral council in fostering the liturgical life of the parish as celebrated in the Sacraments and other rites of the Church, with special attention to the sick and isolated in the parish. This committee is also concerned with the devotional aspects of the parish’s life of prayer.
- Buildings & Grounds: Works with the Finance Council and Pastoral Council to assure facilities are adequate for parish needs and are properly maintained. Surveys the parish property and identifies and articulates the needs of the parish.
- Cemetery: Assists the Finance Council in considering policy, maintenance needs, and finances to maintain the St. Adalbert Cemetery.